There’s less than a week left to enter the Baking Industry Awards 2022 – so don’t miss out on your chance to shout about your achievements!
Entry is free and there are 15 categories to choose from (see list below) meaning there are plenty of opportunities to highlight the fantastic people, products and businesses that make this industry so special.
The awards take place on Thursday 20 October at the Royal Lancaster in London, where there will be more than 500 decision-makers in attendance, with representation from supermarkets, manufacturers, brands, ingredient and equipment suppliers as well as craft bakers.
“Showcasing your hard work and success to the biggest names in the industry is a chance not to be missed,” said British Baker editor Amy North. “You’ve got to be in it to win it, so be sure to enter.”
Previous winners have boasted recognition from existing customers thanks to their success at the Baking Industry Awards as well as positive media coverage, new business wins and more.
“It’s a fantastic thing for ourselves and our customers to reinforce why they are using us,” said Sean Sarafilovic from Stephens Bakery, which took home the Craft Bakery Business Award in 2021. “It was also a lift for the team. Having worked in what was a scary environment [throughout the pandemic], it was a huge thank you and a great morale boost for the team.”
Here’s the full list of categories for the Baking Industry Awards 2022:
- Baker of the Year – sponsored by Brook Food & Bakery Equipment
- Bakery Exporter of the Year – sponsored by IFF
- Bakery Manufacturer of the Year – sponsored by Bako
- Bakery Retailer of the Year – sponsored by Lantmännen Unibake
- Celebration Cake Business of the Year – sponsored by Finsbury Food Group
- Craft Bakery Business Award – sponsored by Dawn Foods
- Customer Focus Award – sponsored by CSM Ingredients
- Free-from Bakery Product of the Year – sponsored by Katech by Ingredion
- New Bakery Product of the Year – sponsored by TraceGains
- Online Bakery Business of the Year
- Outstanding Contribution to the Baking Industry – sponsored by Délifrance
- Rising Star Award – sponsored by Rondo
- Speciality Bread Product of the Year – sponsored by Bakels
- Sustainability Initiative of the Year – sponsored by Macphie
- Team of the Year – sponsored by Unifiller
Finalists get to attend the black-tie event with a guest for free. Attendees will enjoy a fizz reception on arrival and a three-course dinner with wine, plus enjoy the entertainment stylings of a secret celebrity guest who will reveal the winners. Then, the after party begins! There will be dancing, entertainment, games and snacks to keep the fun going until the wee hours.
So, what are you waiting for? Get your entries in now via our dedicated website. Once there, simply select the category you’d like to enter and follow the instructions. The deadline for entries is Monday 9 May. The finalists will be revealed in August with the winners announced at the black-tie ceremony on Thursday 20 October at the Royal Lancaster in London.